4-H Youth Dog Show & Demonstration
Monday, October 14, 2013
Horse Logging Ring
All entries to be sent to the 4-H Educator, PO BOX 1480, Conway, NH 03818
Entries must be postmarked by September 15th of the current year.
- Open to all 4-H members in Carroll and Belknap Counties who are enrolled in the 4-H Dog Care and Training Project, including having enrolled their project animal with their county extension office prior to May 1, 2012. Approval forms must accompany the member to the show.
- 4-H dogs may be crossbred or purebred, and must be at least 6 months of age at the time of the show.
- Health Forms: Every dog at the show must be accompanied by a 4-H Dog Show Health Sheet. This document verifies that the dog has had preventative shots, and is currently inoculated for rabies. Bitches in heat are not allowed at the 4-H Dog show under any circumstances.
- Member Attire: 4-H members showing are expected to dress in the recommended uniform listed under the 4-H Department Rules.
- 4-H Department Rules and Regulations will be followed.
- Participation: 4-H members must be 4-H age 8 and over are required to enter the Fitting & Showmanship Class. Members of any age who have trained their dogs in obedience, tricks, agility coursing, or fly ball should indicate on their entry forms which demonstrations) in which they would like to participate. The show chairperson may exclude any dog/handler from demonstrations(s) as they see the need.
- Members are solely responsible for the care and handling of their dogs at all times.
- Dogs are not allowed on the fairgrounds, except during the 4-H Dog show. Information on passes, parking, housing, and dog identification bandannas will be mailed after the 4-H Entry Forms are received.
A copy of approval form and dog health sheet must accompany entry forms.
Premium Awards: Fitting & Showmanship Div. 1-3:
Grade A, $15.00; Grade B, $8.00; Grade C, $5.00
Class A: Fitting & Showing: Dog to be shown on leash and judged from condition, grooming, cleanliness, and other evidence of good care and handling. Member is judged on appearance, poise, alertness, attitude, ability in leading, posing, and showing dog to best advantage.
Division 1: Senior Fitting & Showmanship
Division 2: Junior Fitting & Showmanship
Division 3: Novice Fitting & Showmanship